Moving Check List
As soon you have exchanged and agreed a completion date, one of the first things you need to do is book a removal company. We can recommend a few...
Four Weeks before…
- Arrange your mail redirection.
- Inform any subscription services of your new address.
- Notify utility suppliers of your move.
- Arrange for utility connections at your new home.
- Notify your local council and check if you are due a council tax rebate.
Three Weeks before…
- Make a sketch plan of your new home to determine the placement of furnishings.
- Consider plants and pets on moving day.
- Start to use the contents of your freezer.
- Transfer insurance to cover contents at your new home.
Two Weeks before…
- Dispose of any flammables such as petrol.
- Rearrange your digital television if appropriate.
- Inform friends and family of your new address.
One Week before…
- Rearrange your telephone, TV and Internet service.
- Drain fuel from lawnmowers and other garden equipment.
- Pack / empty your loft and / or sheds.
One Day before…
- Defrost the freezer.
- Take down pictures, mirrors, curtains and blinds.
- Disconnect your cooker, washing machine and dishwasher.
- Drain plants of excess water.
- Make sure you have personally taken cash and jewellery.
- Take meter readings at your old and new homes.
- Label keys ready for the new owners.