The Letting Process
- Before you start looking for a property to rent, ensure you have your finances in good order, as your credit status will be taken into consideration during the referencing process.
- Register with Gardiner Residential, we can keep you informed of any new rental properties that come onto the market that meet your criteria.
- Once you have found the property you want to make your home, you will need to complete a Tenancy Application and pay a holding deposit and administration fees.
- The landlord will make the decision on whether to accept your application to go forward to references.
- We will conduct reference checks that include residential status, your employment and, as stated above, your credit status. This normally takes approximately 3 -5 working days.
- If you are approved you will be required to pay the deposit and first month’s rent.
- On check in, we will meet you at the property to go through the inventory; please check this carefully, as this is a legal document detailing the condition of the property and its contents, and will be used as a basis of your check-out.
- We will organise for the utilities accounts to be transferred to you.
If your property is managed by us you can benefit from a 24-hour helpline should you require any repairs or maintenance. See Tenants – report a management issue add link
Welcome to your new home.